Zeppelin 1917 research and archive events
For the researchers, we’re still meeting on the next 3 Saturdays, 16th, 23rd and 30th September, 1 -3pm, at the Southwark Archives Library, Borough High St, for informal chat/ideas exchange, etc. Also possible are Wednesdays – 20th and 27th September – please contact John Whelan for details.
The Old Library, 39 Wells Way, London, SE5 0PX
* This will be lead by the head of the Library and Archive at the National Gallery Alan Crookham and historian/archivist Jane Ruddell from the Mercers’ Company.
* This will be a handling session of historical artefacts from WW1 from the Cuming Collection.
* It will highlight the Southwark collection from WW1.
* It will also show how artefacts and ephemera are really important resources in animating the past.
Geraldine Mary Harmsworth Park, Lambeth Road, London SE1 6HZ
* Looking at Southwark in WW1, pulling out research around the 13 key themes in the project.
Saturday 9th September. 12-2pm. Southwark History Library
John Harvard Library, 211 Borough High Street, London SE1 1JA
* It will look at their extensive document and picture collection around WW1 and the Zeppelin Raid and train participants in how to best use this resource